Tuesday, December 23, 2008

In His love, no fear can ever prevail

Spending nine days at Cambodia would probably be the best thing that happened to me this year. God challenged me to stare at poverty straight in the eyes and experience a tinge of village life. To live in the hearts of the village where water and electricity are not at one's beck and call is no easy feat. Bottled water undeniably became a necessity and I don't think I've drank so much mineral water before yeek.

I'm looking forward to go back next year. Cooperating with COGS and CCOP in the outreach is a wonderful feeling- one big family supporting each other :) In addition, I want to care for the children at Takeo (among the 4 places, this was best) who are appreciative of everything we do for them! They are so loveable; my heart went out to them knowing that although they have so little, they are incredibly contented with their lives. Insects are their toys and they have so much joy bursting out of them.

There are about 1000+ photos courtesy of Mojo! Thank God for avid photographers like Lydia too!! I tread the soils of Cambodia thinking which life would be better off: a laid back one where life is extremely slow-paced or here in Singapore, chasing the rat race. Many times we overlook and take for granted the comfort we have. While the trip has made me appreciative of this life in Singapore, it unravelled the beauty of living in a village too. One thing for sure, I miss Cambodia. I want to return to the humble land. To change hearts. To touch lives. To be blessed and be a blessing.






































2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dawn
sal here
ive got a thankyou msg for campcomm on my blog c:

5:42 PM  
Blogger Male'ana said...

okay love! will read that! :D

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home