Sunday, January 04, 2009

Coping with the inevitable changes

First Sunday today without the Ong sisters. A part of me felt uncomfortable without receiving comforting hugs from Sarah; hearing Samantha's spontaneous voice; seeing Salina flashing her ever assuring I-love-you smile. Reality hits home. I find myself adjusting to an almost unfamiliar environment without their presence but I've got to get my act up quickly and be flexible and adapt to however circumstances may be.

Things are taking a 180 degrees change this year. The youth has grown immensely in size with the influx of Sunday School graduates- current secondary ones. While I'm excited and cannot wait for God's plans to unravel and unfold in the months ahead as to what He has in store for us, I'm apprehensive. Apprehensive because the future holds so much uncertainty for myself. I've reservations as to how I can perform and do a good job to the task I'm assigned to. I fear that I might be a stumbling block when my own personal life takes a downhill and I can't manage.

At this point, I remember that Jesus who came down to earth had his fair share of problems. And right to the point He died on the cross, God never left His son. The Bible teaches me that I'm a child of God and I believe that He'll not leave me, His daughter, too.

Whatever the changes may be, I know that He is in full control. So as I continue to stay unemployed not because I'm lazing away and doing nothing about it, I trust that in God's timing, He'll provide a suitable place for me somewhere. As I begin to worry over results which is actually still a long time from now, I remember I need to have absolute dependence in God.


Dawn=Light
Salina=Saline=Salt
Together, we would mean salt and light of the world
-Salty Salina's brilliant equation :)

Dear Salty Sal, you are sweetest salt I taste because the things you do and say touches me right to the bottom of my heart :) Thank you for treasuring me and expressing how you feel towards me everytime to remind me how you cherish this friendship ;) Never met someone who does that in this lifetime so thank you :) You are a gem I will hold dear to; I hope you knew that but if you don't, here's nothing but the truth for you. As much as I know how things will be different, know that I'm a friend you can count on anytime <33

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home