Friday, January 02, 2009

Entrusting my next 19 years and more to the one above

2008 has been an eventful year. Looking back, I don't think I would ever trade for anything I've learnt from the past 365 days. While some lessons were exceptionally painful and unforgettable, learning the hard way served to be experiences I will pick up in life. It's a matter of time- sooner or later. I rejoice in knowing that God has never abandon me even in moments I chose to lean on my own strength and wisdom. I take heart that God has never even thought of casting me aside when at times I doubt on His love for me. And I thank God for all that He has put me through because He never fails to provide way-outs and open doors when I felt locked up and trapped. I know I'm not because the shackles are broken and I'm forever free. And I'll dance with joy everyday and acknowledge My Redeemer Saviour and Friend who dictates my every breath and awakening moment.

My new year resolution will be simple: To walk in faith everyday and seek His word with hunger.

I see myself at the peak of my mountain top experience with God. The post mission trip and Youth camp propelled me deeper and more steadfast with my walk with God. Truth is, as much as I want this to last, I think I'm bound to stumble and hit rock bottom again. I thank God for the people He sent at different points in life to motivate and encourage. I know I'm not alone when I run this race of faith.

26th-29th Dec; Absolut Dependence Youthcamp
Kudos to Salina and Sean- camp commandants for 2008 youthcamp :D Excellent performance because the entire camp was so God. Admittedly, while we, the camp committee, were frustrated and upset with ourselves at many occasions for some unforeseen circumstances, the result was truly amazing :) God is so good; He used the little of what we have to glorify His name. Every youthcamp never fails to draw me closer to God and I think this time, He made me realised a gift He has generously given to me :) Despite being dead tired after camp, the few of us still went ahead for movie together and viola! Bedtime stories did a fantastic job by putting us to sleep ;D




















31st Dec; Welcome 2009
Funny how God put people together. While we can never comprehend how some things fall into place, I'm treasuring every minute spent with you girls :) We come together as very different individuals I think, but I've grown to become so comfortable with you both :D In beloved trashhead's words, I repeat- permanent residents of my heart as well <333







2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a post for tjc
:)
hearts

4:09 PM  
Blogger Male'ana said...

read it already and sent you a text :) ilu <333

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home