Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pressure and I will never give you a good mix

At the end of 2008, I made a single promise to throw caution to the wind. Because in life, I thought, cautiousness should never be key. Do What You Want. That simple and that difficult. To cast every worry aside is an art. A rather irresponsible one, perhaps, but an art nonetheless that escapes the mind which we, by the way, too often fail to respect as sovereign.

Now it’s 2009 and I no longer have my gaiety to prove to the people with faux concern. So this year I will really, really realise that happiness can be a general state of being, rather than a momentary thrill. And I will remember a lot of things. Like the purpose, the point, the basics, the basics.

Here goes something- many things, but I will stay stubborn in the things I believe- my own principles, my beliefs and so, why should someone or anyone try to change whatever that has shaped me to the person I'm in the here and now?

17th Jan; PBF at Blue Jazz
Second time with the same company but this time without alcohol since the last time they served very hard to swallow drinks. Everything tasted like medicine handed out by the pharmacists behind the counter obediently prescribed by the doctor but just that this place gives you music and ambience. Dinner turned out incredibly well I think, considered everyone enjoyed the carbornara most, but that's a dish that would hardly go wrong would it?









18th Jan; Shokudou with ADC Camp Comm
There was more than just the camp committee who turned up at the appreciation lunch/high tea but the more the merrier yay! :D Most importantly the last debrief gave suggestions for improvements to the next youth camp commandants- Penny and Med Shawn! :)
That Sunday also marked the first we came together for youth cell and it was thought-provoking to most, to say the least. I am really looking forward to a time of learning with the rest as we embarked on this new material that may appear as spiritual milk but can actually bring forth a lot more questions if we only we dig deeper and thirst more for God. Why would He withhold knowledge from us when sees that we are desperate people?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home