Sunday, April 05, 2009

The belated birthday post

Sometimes it almost feels like I’ve died and come back a few times over, and the past 20 years have been a series of disconnected lifetimes, each with its own players and sequence of events. It’s the hindsight-surrealism that attaches itself to all things gone by. You can’t believe everything that has happened had happened, so you must have died and returned. Or you are the only character that can somehow transcend the interspersed dimensions that dot the timeline.

In one world I am carnal. Cautious in another.

But I’ve always loved the same things, embraced the same ideas. If I’m lucky, I remember why. If not, I sometimes forget to feel.

28th March; Advanced celebration
The family celebrated my 20th three days before the actual since dad wouldn't be in town. It was delightful to have the entire family, together with my closest aunt and uncle, gathered at the dining area to eat merrily yay! :D



30th March; Last day being a teen
Thank you girls for the surprise!! :) Even though Chompchomp was closed that day, we had free sides at Aston's! I suppose that was a blessing in disguise. Thank you for trying to distract me with silly topics when the cake was served, thank you for availing yourselves that day, thank you for making things possible! It truly mattered :)







31st March; Twenty alas!
I literally dragged myself out of bed because as much as I wanted to be queen on the actual day, work remains a responsibility (unfortunately I don't call the shots). But lo and behold the principal decides to take the day off!! Another blessing in disguise :D Travin shares the same birthday as me so we celebrated his 5th and my 20th together!



1st April; Surprise surprise!
Thanks bff for popping by despite hectic schedule and exams you had to cope in school! :) Appreciate the little time spent catching up! xoxo

It was surprise after surprise! I must admit the date with May and Penny was a massive success!! I wasn't suspicious of anything at all and was completely caught off-guard! THANK Y'ALL FOR BEING THERE!! :)




Hii love!! <3 Thank you for being magnanimous when I had to make last minute changes to the plans you had in mind. Thank you for being ever accomodating to my schedules and never once declined any requests!! Thank you for being honest even though sometimes I know it's best not to but you've always been open :) Most importantly, thank you making me feel incredibly comfortable in my own skin I don't need to hide or pretend to be someone else. You're my comfort zone, Slurpee!! <3

3 Comments:

Anonymous gen said...

sweeet! :P

11:42 PM  
Anonymous sam lu said...

omg,i'm so sorry i completely forgot about it :(
HAPPY belated 20th BIRTHDAY!!!!
May all your wishes and dreams come true!=D

1:30 AM  
Blogger Male'ana said...

gen: *blushes*

sam lu: haha thank you! happy belated to you too!! :D

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home